Online Presence is Important!
So in this day and age, online presence is extremely important no matter what your industry is in. If someone can't pull you up on a search engine to get more information about you and your products or services you are leaving a TON of money on the table.
We all know that. The basics are simple:
- Have a website
- A dedicated email address for the work
- Social Media Profiles on all the big platforms
If you have all those, that's great. You are doing well. But you could be doing better! Here are three of biggest mistakes you are making:
- Your website is one from a "free hosting" service or a blog site. Or, even if you do pay for hosting, the site doesn't look professional. You need to show your prospective clients and customers that you are invested in what you are doing. Having a professional looking website with a web address that matches or is similar to the name of your business tells your prospects that you mean business. It tells them the business is important to you, and therefore they will be important to you. (Squarespace and Wix are great web hosting services where you can make professional looking website rather easily and it's relatively inexpensive.)
- You have a dedicated email address but it's a gmail account or yahoo. While it's great you have an email just for your business, if it's "email@example.com" it makes it seem like this is just a hobby for you. Just like not having a professional website this tells your clients your not 100% invested. (Gmail and other mail services can be tailored to say something else than @gmail.com. A lot of web hosting services offer email addresses that match your website.)
- You never post to your social media profiles. Now this one I'm guilty of I'll admit. I understand, life gets busy and you lose track of time and things get missed. It makes sense. But the problem is when new clients, or even repeat customers, find your profiles and see that you haven't posted since 2013 that looks bad. You may be active and up on your work but you may be losing potential clients because they think you are no longer in business. Even just a post a week or even a month will do. Just to let your people know you are still out there and still active. In the grand scheme of things it's not a lot!
These are mistakes that people from all types of businesses and services make. No matter what your niche is, these tips can help you find newer clients and retain ones you already have. They are small, but very important changes you can make to improve your business today.
I hope you find these tips and tricks informative. (I'll leave SEO for another day.) Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thanks again!